Monday, July 1, 2013

Extra Dollars for Extra Security

So you're planning an event and you have many options for vendors. You're shopping around and notice the same item in two different locations, with two different prices. You wonder why the same item is listed at different prices: One vendor is giving you a 50% discount, another vendor will deliver for free and a different vendor will even let you keep it over night for no extra charge. With all the different options and different vendors, and different prices, who do you choose so you know you have peace of mind if anything is to go wrong? 

Picking the perfect party package is only half the job. When you are price shopping and looking for the best deal you can find, keep your eyes out for the fine prints each company has. When hosting a party and/or event, you become the person responsible for all the guests at the party. Make sure the company you are renting from is fully insured and can provide you with an insurance certificate which will protect you if anything happens. Even though we all plan (and some of us overplan) to prevent injuries, sometime accidents happen and kids may get hurt. 

If and when a child gets hurt, it becomes your responsibility as the host, to take care of the injured person. An insurance certificate provided by your vendor covers you if an accident occurs during your event.  Make sure that the vendor you are renting from is fully insured and is able to put your name, or the location of the event, as a certificate holder. If your name is on the insurance certificate as the "certificate holder", you are fully insured for the duration of time that is listed on the insurance. When the company provides you with an insurance certificate, it is your responsibility to make sure that all the information on the certificate is correct. 

One question that gets asked a lot is "Is the permit I got from the city and the insurance certificate the same thing?"

Actually, no. The permit that is given to you from the city (usually for city park rentals or even a block party) is a written document from the city that gives you permission to host your event at the park. A permit is usually needed if you are having vendors at your event: especially for an inflatable. If you have an inflatable (or any other vendor) at your event, and do not have a permit, the city rangers may come and have you shut off the inflatable and will be unable to use it.
The insurance certificate you get from your vendors covers you for the duration of your event which  covers for any injuries that may happen. If your vendor does not supply you with an insurance certificate, and an injury happens, you are held responsible for any expenses that need to be covered for the injured person. 


  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Rebranding Consultants CA